Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weekend in Baños



My first weekend in Ecuador was spent on a toursit trip to Baños. The first two pictures are taken from my window on the third floor of the hostal we were staying in. The third picture is taken from the restaurant we had lunch in called Casa de la Abuela. That night we all went out and walked around the town a little bit and went out to a couple cars with some of the local tour guides. Below are a few of the other people in my program up on a bridge located in one of the Parques in town.



Beer here is pretty cheap although the selection is limited. The two types you tend to encounter are Pilsner and Club. Pilsner comes in 20 oz bottles for about $1, while the Club is the same price for a 12 oz.--Obviously I have the Pilsner.

I also want to take a moment to apologize for being so slow about updating this-- I have been in the jungle the last three days and busy traveling around, not to mention computers here are slow and the internet even slower. I will hopefully be caught up this weekend. Keep checking in for updates

3 comments:

  1. Hooray adventures! I'd be interested to hear about a normal weekday in the life. What are you doing when you're not exploring? Are you homesick or are you too preoccupied to let it bother you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problema Louis. I keep trying to update my blog, but pictures take forever to load. I will have more about my actual daily schedules posted soon. I have already typed up the info I just need to find a computer that can load the picutes without timing out. I am homesick, most notable I miss those people who can put up with my crazy rambling and MEAT! Keep checking in once in awhile and I am pushing to have alot more up by this saturday as I wont be traveling and will have plenty of time to upload the pics. Thanks for your questions and your interest!!

    ReplyDelete